23 was a bit of a crazy year. It was totally awesome in a lot of ways. Getting married was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I am so proud of us. It was also quite challenging in a lot of ways. I peeled back another layer in my understanding of family. I grew up a lot. I held a full-time job in a field I want to be in, and made serious professional goals for myself. I read a lot, but not as much as I wanted to, and I changed up the idea of my blog. Life is still in limbo to an extent, but I feel that 24 to 25 is the year to get more settled in, to figure some things out, and to do a little more adventuring.
So, even though this is a few days late, this is my 25 before 25 list! It’s broken down into a few categories, and there will be a page with a tab above where you can follow my progress. There will be blog posts that go with completing tasks and tasks in progress as well.
25 Before 25: Ayestria Edition
Adventuring With My Husband:
- Go camping in the desert
- Visit a new city, preferably requiring a flight
- Go target shooting
- Ride a horse
- Begin planning and saving for a serious international vacation
- Learn to ski
- Hike all the way up to the lookout of Devil’s Slide in Idyllwild
- Finish my Weddingbee recaps
- Blog everyday for one month
- Participate in and complete a Photo a Day Challenge
Fun and Crafty
- Attempt 3 crafts from Pinterest
- Plan and host a themed party
- Learn to sew
- Make an honest attempt at decorating whatever home we live in come September 9, 2013
- Design and order wedding albums
- Make a stride in my professional life.
- Lose 15 pounds
- Recipe plan every week for one month
- Eat a nice dinner out alone
- Don’t buy clothes, shoes or books for one month
- Attempt 5 recipes from Pinterest
- Do one crossword puzzle a day
- Read Atlas Shrugged
- Study for and take the GRE
- Run (actually run) another half-marathon
What do you think of my 25 list? Is there anything you would like to complete before your next birthday?