What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before? Will you do it again?
Oh, man. 2012 was all about new things for me. We got married. I was promoted. We went ziplining and spelunking in Costa Rica. I started blogging on a more public forum. I finished a half-marathon. I traveled a lot more.
I guess I’m going to approach this in list form, because, yet again, I can’t choose just one.
- Get married: We sort of did this twice, and I would do it again. I loved planning a wedding, and I know that we’ll never have a wedding again, but I hope that I can help coordinate some weddings in the future. I think that’s something that I could do well and that I would enjoy.
- Promoted: Gosh, I hope I do well enough to be promoted again. I really like my job even more now, so I’m hoping that it continues to be a positive thing for me.
- Ziplining: I would totally do this again. Vacation makes me a little more adventurous than normal. So, if given the opportunity again, I would totally do it. But there are so many more adventurous things that I would like to try before I repeat this one.
- Spelunking: Maybe not a repeat activity. This involved a lot more bravery and physicality on my part, but I’m glad I did it once. I just don’t fancy myself getting down into any more wet caves with bat poop and mysterious creepy crawlies. Plus, I’m still not sure I came away unscathed.
- Blogging: I still really like blogging. Whether it’s popular or not is not really up to me. Weddingbee has given me a lot more confidence in blogging, but I hope to move away from reliving my wedding and focus on my current life a little more. But if I can keep going with planning weddings, maybe I can keep the wedding blog going as a planning portfolio and an inspiration blog.
- Half-Marathon: I haven’t run since that half. But if I trained better, I might try it again. I really liked the Disney half, and hope I can do it again next year.
- Traveling: I think I could get used to traveling alone. What’s nice about my job is that you never really travel alone. All my colleagues have a network of friends that they travel with and plan activities with. This year, I just started making those friendships, so I hope that we can cultivate them and build a lot more around our work trips next year. But I hope I can convince my husband to come with me on one of these trips next year. That would be the one thing I change. And also I hope that Virgin America adds more cities to their routes because I really liked flying with them.
This year has been so full of new experiences, and I am so excited to keep most of them going in the next year!